Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day Onzies

I know I keep talking about this but the weather is just amazing!! For the most part I have been able to run outside every day except for MAYBE a hand full all winter long... how spoiled am I this winter!?!? I suppose we all deserve this after the last years horrific winter.... I would imagine that within the next week or so it would get cold but NOPE the weather man said it will be 60 degrees next week! WoWseRS ;) :) =)

Okay so today is DAY ONZIES of my raw food cleanse. SO FAR SO GOOD! I do not want to be one of those people that post everything they eat but I do want to share an idea of what I have been eating so far (Okay okay I know its 10:00 AM I have only been up for 2 hours call me a pig if you'd like) I made a delicious smoothie for breakfast.

5 strawberries
freshly squeezed orange
water
ice
unsweetened all natural shredded coconut
flax seed

which looked like this....


Don't be jelly

Now day onzies without coffee.... so far so good.... I would not recommend approaching me this afternoon though. I have substituted hot water and fresh lemon so sip on instead.... not quite the same energy boost as I am used to but at least the hot water keeps my naturally ice cold body a little warmer than no coffee would. Also I have snacked on raw sunflower seeds and carrot sticks.... never thought I would be craving hummus but when I looked at the carrot sticks all I wanted was to open the tub of hummus in my fridge and dig in! And it didn't help much that the boyf purchased my FAVORITE organic black bean chips last night that were openly and invitingly sitting on my counter this AM. Other than that... I have not been tempted but I think that starting this and having absolutely no food in my house to begin with is the key to success. Can't be tempted if it's not in sight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment