Thursday, January 26, 2012

Duce

Okay so today is day 2 of extreamely eating healthy. I am getting very tired of carrots, strawberries, banananas and oranges! Today I am craving a veggie burger. I found this amazing looking recipe on Whole Foods web site. The plan is to make it on Sunday. Sunday is my dieting day off... so if it is my off day and the worst thing I eat is a homemade veggie burger, I will not be doing to bad! (wishful thinking... strawberry cheesecake icecream might be on the desert menu)

Ingredients

1 cup cooked brown rice

1 cup cooked no-salt-added black beans

1/4 cup diced tomato

1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers

1/4 cup shredded carrots

1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato

1/4 cup chopped cilantro

1 tablespoon no-salt-added chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

3 green onions, finely chopped

3 tablespoons nutritional yeast

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce





Yes I am super excited about this.... I can hardly contain myself!!
 
So, since this is "all about food" today... does anyone have any ideas for superbowl party recipes? Something semi healthy would be nice.... I am thinking guacamole or something along those lines. Please share your recipes with me :)

2 comments: